GF Web Services stands for “Girl Friday” Web Services. This is the tag you will see at the bottom of your custom website.
Friday Gladheart is the pen name (nom de plume) of Audrey Minahan. As a web developer, graphic designer and copy editor, Friday’s clients have come to know her as a girl Friday, an efficient and resourceful person who can help you get things done.
GF Web Services by Friday Gladheart
c/o Audrey Minahan
35 Wind n Wood Trail
Story, Arkansas 71970-7907
Email: [email protected]
This page contains the current Terms of Service for Website Development and Attributions & Credits for Other Publications. This Terms of Service Located at (https://www.myfriday.org/terms-of-service/) -permalink
Attributions & Credits for Other Publications
For collaboration projects, copy editing, book illustrations, sound editing and any other print publications or recordings, please use Audrey Minahan’s pen name (non de plume) of “Friday Gladheart”. When registering copyrights, please refer to this example:
In Box/Space 2 (Name of Author) of Library of Congress Form TX, Form SE, or Form SR: Enter “Audrey Minahan whose pseudonym is Friday Gladheart” and check the box marked “Pseudonymous”. In the boxes below that, you must include “United States” as both Friday’s citizenship and domicile.
In the “Nature of Authorship” box, enter a brief description of the copyrighted work (such as “text”). Check NO in the “Was this work made for hire” area. For Library of Congress, Form VA use the provided checkboxes and choose the most appropriate such as “Photograph” or “Text”
Anonymous editing and authorship (ghostwriting) is available for an additional fee and must be agreed upon prior to the publishing of any recordings or print materials.
Terms of Service for Website Development
Buyer (hereinafter referred to as “You” or “Client”).
Seller, Audrey Minahan (hereinafter referred to as “Friday”, “GF Web Services”, “Friday Gladheart”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”).
Terms and Conditions
1) STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS: These are the standard terms and conditions for Graphics and Website Design and Development and apply to all contracts and all work undertaken by Friday for clients.
2) FEES AND DEPOSITS:
a. BUILD PLANS: A 60% deposit of the total fee payable under BUILD PLAN proposals is due immediately upon you instructing Friday to proceed with the website design and development work. We reserve the right not to commence any work until the deposit has been paid in full. All prices listed are in U.S Dollars. The remaining 40% shall become due when the work is completed to your reasonable satisfaction but subject to the terms of the “approval of work” and “rejected work” clauses or 45 calendar days whichever is earlier.
b. MAINTENANCE PLANS can be paid monthly, quarterly or annually.
3) REFUND POLICY: Friday works sincerely & dedicatedly to satisfy you. If you are still not pleased with the work, the refund policy works as below:
a. BUILD PLAN DEPOSITS: 100% deposit refund, if requested within 10 calendar days from date of order.
Refund not applicable on domain registration fees. (You retain ownership of your registered domain name.)
Refund not applicable for any delays out of our control.
Refund not applicable once website is completed.
b. MAINTENANCE PLANS PAYMENTS: Refunds for MAINTENANCE PLANS are pro-rated. Friday shall refund to the client an amount equal to the pro rata portion of the current maintenance plan fees paid applicable to the portion of the year subsequent to the effective date of the termination.
4) SUPPLY OF MATERIALS: You must supply all materials and information required by us to complete the work in accordance with any agreed specification. Such materials may include but are not limited to, domain name transfers, photographs, written copy, logos and other printed material. Where there is any delay in supplying these materials to us which leads to a delay in the completion of work, we reserve the sole right to extend any previously agreed deadlines by a reasonable amount. Where you fail to supply materials, and that prevents the progress of the work, we have the right to stop work and invoice you for any balance on the contract.
5) VARIATIONS: We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to make revisions to the design. However, we have the right to limit the number of design proposals to a reasonable amount and may charge for additional designs if you make a change to the original design specification. Our website development phase is flexible and allows certain variations to the original specification. However, any major deviation from the specification will be charged at the rate of $15 per hour. Consider revising your MAINTENANCE PLAN to save money on major changes.
6) PROJECT DELAYS AND CLIENT LIABILITY: Any time frames or estimates that we give are contingent upon your full co-operation along with complete and final content for the work pages. During development, there is a certain amount of feedback required in order to progress to subsequent phases. It is required that a single point of contact be appointed from your side and be made available on a daily basis in order to expedite the feedback process. We will not be responsible if the web design project remains largely unfinished or is delayed, due to your own inaction, or by not approving design mockups / requesting web design changes on time. After the initial 45 calendar days, if the project is still unfinished, $15/hour would be billed for any further change request.
7) APPROVAL OF WORK: On completion of the work you will be notified and have the opportunity to review it. You must notify us in writing of any unsatisfactory points within 7 days of such notification. Any of the work which has not been reported in writing to us as unsatisfactory within the 7-day review period will be deemed to have been approved. Once approved, or deemed approved, work cannot subsequently be rejected and the contract will be deemed to have been completed and the 40% balance of the project price will become due.
8) REJECTED WORK: If you reject any of our work within the 7-day review period and not approve subsequent work performed by us to remedy any points recorded as being unsatisfactory, and we, acting reasonably, consider that you have been unreasonable in any rejection of the work, we can elect to treat this contract as complete and take measures to recover payment for the contracted work.
9) PAYMENT: Upon completion of the 7-day review period and before the launch of a website on your domain name, we will invoice you for the 40% balance of the project. We will never automatically charge your card without your approval. We reserve the right to remove any Web Design Project from viewing on the Internet until final payment is made. You unconditionally and personally guarantee the payments. In case collection proves necessary, you agree to pay all fees (including all attorney’s fees and court costs) incurred by that process.
10) ATTRIBUTIONS & CREDITS: A small attribution link for “GF Web Services” or “Friday Gladheart” will appear unobtrusively in the footer of your website. This footer can be removed for an additional $75.
11) COPYRIGHTS & TRADEMARKS: You must obtain all necessary permissions and authorities in respect of the use of all copy, graphic images, registered company logos, names, and trademarks, or any other material that you supply to us to include in your website or web applications. You must indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims or legal actions related to the content of your website. All logos, graphics, and design work created for you by Friday become your property after full payment is made.
12) LICENSING: Once you have paid us in full for the work, we grant you a license to use the website and contents for the life of the website.
13) SEARCH ENGINES: All website designed by Friday are search engine friendly. However, we do not guarantee any specific position in search engine results for your website. We perform search engine optimization according to current best practice at NO additional cost.
14) CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS: We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer which is in any way attributable to any delay in performance or completion of our contract, however that delay arises.
15) DISCLAIMER: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this contract, neither Friday nor any of its employees or agents, warrant that the functions contained in the web design project will be uninterrupted or error-free. In no event will GF Web Services or its owners or employees will be liable to you or any third party for any damages, including, but not limited to, service interruptions caused by Acts of God, the hosting services or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate the website, failure of any service provider, of any telecommunications carrier, of the Internet backbone, of any Internet servers, your or your site visitor’s computer or Internet software, even if Friday has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
16) ASSIGNMENT: We reserve the right to subcontract any services that we have agreed to perform for you as we see fit.
17) NON-DISCLOSURE: We (and any subcontractors we engage) agree that we will not at any time disclose any of your confidential information to any third party.
18) ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: You agree to reimburse us for any requested expenses which do not form part of our contracted proposal including but not limited to additional pages, purchase of third-party software, stock photographs, fonts, domain name registration, web hosting, SEO or advertising services or any other comparable expenses. These extra add-ons must be paid immediately upon your request.
19) BACKUPS: The nature of GF Web Services is to put you in control of your own website and domain name. Friday will backup your website(s) and database(s) every week and will make every reasonable attempt to restore a broken website from these backups. Because you have administrator access to your own site, you are responsible for maintaining your own backups. Friday will work with you to restore your website, but will not be liable for restoring any client data or client websites except to the extent that such data loss arises out of a negligent act or omission by us.
20) OWNERSHIP OF DOMAIN NAMES AND WEB HOSTING: Friday will supply account credentials for domain name registration and/or web hosting purchased on your behalf when your account is paid in full or when you reimburse her for any expenses incurred.
21) RIGHT OF REFUSAL: GF Web Services reserves the right to refuse or terminate service to anyone for any reason not prohibited by law. Also, we have the right to be free from acts or threats of disruptive behavior, abusive and/or offensive language, including intimidation, harassment and/or coercion, which involve or affect our operation. Abusive communications in any form (email, phone, in person, etc.) are strictly not tolerated. No refund would be provided in case of abusive communications.
22) GOVERNING LAW: Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, you agree that for purposes of venue, this agreement was entered into in the state of Arkansas, United States. Any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in the state of Arkansas, and you hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the Montgomery County, Arkansas Courts.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Any changes or modifications thereto must be in writing and agreed by both parties.